B’er Chayim Congregation is one of the oldest Congregations in Maryland, and have has oldest continuously operating Temple building in the state. Our building is over 165 years old, as is our congregation. With a membership of about 45 families, it is a tightly-knit community with congregants of all ages. New members are welcomed into the fold quickly and can to be as active as they are willing and able to be.
We are a member of the Union of Reform Jews. Our history of affiliations has varied over the years, ranging from Orthodox when first chartered in 1853, through classical reform in the late 1800s and early 1900s, before merging with Beth Jacob Synagogue (a Conservative synagogue) in 1998. Services are respectful of each tradition, incorporating both conservative and reform styles of worship.